While looking over my Holiday Fluxx and the Fruitcake item from the Holiday gift pack that counts as a Dessert or Gift, a question came up.

There are rules or actions throughout flux that affect keepers or are based on keepers being in play on the table.  When another item has "counts as" such and such item comes into play, does it also activate the Rule or is affected by the action?

Clear the Table removes several items from play including Dessert.  The Fruitcake counts as Dessert also, so is it cleared?

There is a rule that if gift is in play, you can do something specific.  If the Fruitcake is in play that counts as the gift, is the rule activated?

I am sure if I looked hard enough, there would be other examples throughout the various Fluxx games.

My thought is that counts as means always count as for goals, rules, actions, etc.  So Fruitcake would cleared by the table and the gift rule would be active.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, am I ever late on this one.  But I agree.  The fruitcake counts for both, and activates the gift bonus, and gets cleared. (Otherwise there is no way to remove it in the Holiday Fluxx set.

The one thing I'm unsure of is whether or not you can win with fruitcake in front of you if it fulfills the goal.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Ning Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service