Is there anyway to reset my password on the Icehouse Games Wiki. I joined a while back and let my browser remember my password, and then that computer died. I could just make a new log in, but that's less than elegant.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is why I don't let my computer remember passwords.
The alternative is that I rely on my own memory, which eventually yields the same result.

Or you use a simple system to generate a unique password algorithmically for each site based on some non-obvious transformation of the domain name (and optionally on your user name there)! E.g. a very simple such scheme might give:

ning.com : password = ojSomeSalt4oh

google.com : password = hpSomeSalt6hp

boardgamegeek.com : password = cpSomeSalt13bs

etc

Or you use a more complex javascript system to generate a unique and cryptographically secure password for each site based on some cryptographically secure transformation like MD5 (or iterated MD5) of the domain name and a single good password you remember for all sites, as done (e.g.) by http://supergenpass.com , where the script runs securely only on your local browser but is also easily re-installable (or runnable without installing) if your browser somehow loses it or your computer crashes or you're using a different computer.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Ning Administrator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service