I was wondering when the Monster version of Fluxx is being released? This will be a great mix with my Zombie Fluxx deck and I'm really looking forwards to it.

Tags: Date, Fluxx, Monster, Release

Views: 2195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just had a thought an additional thought.  Maybe Tesco or Argos in the UK would be willing to sell Monster Fluxx?  Both, along with Morrisons and ASDA are nationwide chains over here.

I mentioned this above.  I might be able to send a fFew copies to people in other countries myself.  Maybe you can send me some money through paypal, or maybe you can send me some other cool artifact fFrom your part of the world, and we both get something cool.

I can't possibly do this fFor a hundred people, but it might be fFun to have a nice exchange with, i dunno, a dozen or so people.  I send you a game, you send me a trinket; or cash, if you prefer.

Not much that can be offered from over here in Scotland, unfortunately - besides the unusual jar of dead midges or a bar of midge soap.

Monster Fluxx isn't appearing on Target's website either - it only shows Star Fluxx, otherwise it would've made it easy to simply order it myself and wait about a week or 2 for delivery.

There is only really one supermarket over here that has ties to an American corporation - ASDA's parent company is Walmart.

Hi Scott, I'd be interested in either a trade, or reimbursement to help build by Fluxx collection. Let me know if this is possible and how you'd like to proceed.

I'm delighted to report, I have acquired Monster Fluxx!  And it is awesome!

David Lambert's hunch about Monster Fluxx and Fluxx appearing on the same peg in the store is correct.  There were about 7 copies of Monster Fluxx, with 1 or 2 copies of regular Fluxx all on the same peg.  There is another Target near me which did not have Monster Fluxx out at all.  I'm tempted to buy the 2 copies of regular Fluxx, just so they have to restock with Monster.

My fFavorite Goal is Cereal Mascots: any two of the vampire, the ghost, and the fFranken-monster.  Hee hee!!

I'm wondering if The Teenage Detectives are someone specific.

The card backs are still the classic black and white FLUXX logo (although I do notice the new color logo fFrom the board game appears on the fFront of the Basic Rules card), so this will integrate well with other decks.  There is already one zombie keeper in the deck, so adding more should be no trouble at all.

As mechanisms go, there isn't anything too surprising in here. Keepers, Goals, Actions and New Rules.  Monster Keepers are marked with an eyeball, and some cards cue off that.  The Spooky Door is a keeper which, if on the table, lets anyone play a card immediately fFrom the top of the deck during their turn.  These (and others) are mechanics we've seen before, and they are still very nice tools.  The balance of goals to keepers seems very even.  In all, this is a very nicely polished game you can totally take to a Christmas party!  Or any other holiday party that might be coming up soon.  =)

Lucky!!  Maybe I'll try other stores in my area.

David Lambert's hunch about Monster Fluxx and Fluxx appearing on the same peg in the store is correct.  There were about 7 copies of Monster Fluxx, with 1 or 2 copies of regular Fluxx all on the same peg.  There is another Target near me which did not have Monster Fluxx out at all.  I'm tempted to buy the 2 copies of regular Fluxx, just so they have to restock with Monster.

You are so fortunate to have found these!

Over the weekend I once more hit 5 Target stores in my area (one new, four I had previously visited).  None had Monster Fluxx yet.  None had sold out of regular Fluxx yet, apparently, to require the restocking.  2 locations were down to 3 copies of regular Fluxx, the others had between 7 and 9 copies.  The new location I visited, which not surprisingly had the most copies on the peg, didn't even have the current promo ("on sale for $7.99!") marked at all.

There are another few locations which I haven't visited before, which I might have the chance to check by mid-week.  Plus I'll keep my eye on the two stores that were down to 3 copies each.  Surely it cannot be long for them, right?

My concern is whether Target's central warehouse and central HQ will see Monster Fluxx as a "seasonal Halloween" item, and after this Friday might possibly ship the remaining copies in the central warehouse back to Looney Labs as unsold stock.  If that happened, then my town's local stores might never get copies.  :/

Hi David,

This is not a seasonal item and Target will not ship it back. It is their exclusive version to be mixed in with the regular Target Fluxx for the foreseeable future. It happens to be flowing in around Halloween for most stores but it isn't specifically for their Halloween set.

-Amber

THAT'S good to know!  Thanks for the reassurance.  :)

Oh, about this:

I'm wondering if The Teenage Detectives are someone specific.

Are you sure they wouldn't be pals of Scooby-Doo?  By any chance do they look like Fred, Velma, Shaggy and Daphne? Is there any mention of a van called The Mystery Machine, or a group called Mystery, Inc?

http://i.imgur.com/qzsSvHg.jpg

Otherwise, the friends of Buffy in the TV version of Buffy The Vampire Slayer were often referred to as the Scooby Gang, or the Scoobies, because of their being teenage kids chasing vampires...much like the Mystery Inc. group did in the Scooby-Doo cartoons. 

So not having seen the Monster Fluxx cards yet, I'm guessing Teenage Detectives card refers to one or the other.  Probably the former rather than the latter.  Just a blind guess, though.

The Teenage Detectives are not meant to be a specific pair, but a general nod to everyone from Scooby's gang to Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, the Mad Scientist's Club, Encyclopedia Brown, etc.

Cool cool.  They seem like a couple of cool crime solving kids, in any case.  They actually remind me of a couple kids fFrom the Ghostwriter series fFrom the 80s, just slightly.

Perhaps some Nanofiction about the kids is called fFor.  =)  Actually, it occurs to me Monster Fluxx might make a nice nanofictionary card set.  It would require some creative adaptation of the rules, but I'd play it.  =)

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Ning Administrator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service