Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to store my pyramids and assorted other stuff.  Actually, two ways–one for an Icehouse set, and one for full set of (currently 11) colors.  I've noticed pink pyramids stack a little taller than the others do (at least my Pink Treehouse set does) and the plastic tote that would otherwise hold six stashes wouldn't quite work.

So, what do you use?  And of course…

Showing off is mandatory.  :)

Tags: pyramids, storage, travel

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alas, the Treehouse tube is no more.  It would be so obvious to use any number of small bit carriers if we still had a source for treehouse tubes.  I've got one now, but I paid a premium for the set.  Unless anyone has found a source for the tubes in question?  They are likely a fairly standard part, though probably normally sold in lots of like 10,000 or something.  ;P

I think these would work, but I'm not too keen on having to trim them down to 6.5" and buy 25 at a time. =P

(I have been soooo neglecting LL stuff lately.  Life has seriously interfered with my free time!)

I think if we could get tubes for pyramid storage, a group buy would certainly be in order so that you didn't have to buy more than you needed.  I could immediately use half a carton, with caps, as could most of us.

The issue with these tubes is that they're both too long and they're round.  The Treehouse tube is used as a game piece, which is the biggest argument for having it.  Otherwise you could just use treehouse and icehouse bags labeled and tossed into a six pack cooler.

I think you're close looking at a site like uline though.  I'll keep this in the back of my head and actually try to remember to do something other than just let it rattle around for months as something that I intend to address when I have time.

(I also haven't forgotten about finishing the ePub of The Empty City either…)

The square ones I found (not from Uline, which doesn't seem to carry square plastic tubes) were both more expensive and too short. I figured it'd be possible to trim down the 8.75" tubes to 6.5" with a miter box from an arts and crafts store. The 1.5" diameter allows the pyramids, which are 1.414" diagonally at the base, to fit easily with very little wiggle room.

I've just started getting into the pyramids games after becoming a Fluxx fanatic over the last few years. A couple of days ago I decided to make my own box after looking around at both suggestions and pre-built products online. It's still in progress, but I bought a hinged wooden box for $5 at a Michael's craft store as well as a few strips of alder in 1/8x3/8 and 1/16 square sizes. The outer dimensions of the box are just over 8x8.25x1.75. The walls are about 1/4 inch and the top/bottom are very thin plywood. I used the strips to make a raised 6x6 board on top. Remaining work includes interior dividers and lining - it'll hold 39 nests, plus dice and coasters - plus staining, a felt pad on the bottom and replacement hardware.

Picture: Ice chest in progress

• Add Photos

© 2015   Created by Ning Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service