Greetings Game Techs!
We make various items (like the Oz Fluxx Launch Kit
and now the Cthulhu Fluxx Launch Kit
) that are not for sale to the general public, available only to our officially registered Game Technicians
... but you do need to get a few things set up to gain access to the Looney Labs Game Technician Store!
Just follow these simple steps:
- Login to your account at fanclub.Looneylabs.com and go to “My Page” to view your own personal Fan Club Bio.
- Upload a picture of yourself - if you don’t already have one. (Oh, and no avatars, we want to see the real you.)
- Fill in any missing information about yourself: “History,” “About Me,” those sorts of things.
- Then, find the blue “Profile Information” title bar which looks like this: (it may be at the bottom of your profile page.) If it is not at the top of your page, click on it and drag it up to the top of your page and drop it there. (This will make sure that your information is the first thing everyone sees when they view your page.)
- Register Here for an account at the Looney Labs Online Store (If you don’t already have an account.)
- Then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (make the subject "Secret Store access for [your name]" ) and send us a link to your Fan Club Bio page, along with the email address you used to register for the webstore (in step 5) not the fan club.
After you notify us of your update, and provide your webstore email address, we will flip a magic Looney switch and notify you when you have access to the Super Secret Game Technician Store - where you can purchase our Launch Kits (and a whole lot of other Game Tech exclusive products!)
If you log in to the webstore, and you don't see a tab at the very top for the Game Tech store (as shown circled in red, above), then your account is not yet set to have access. If you don't see that tab, then clicking a direct link to the store will simply send you back to the login page.
Why the changes? It’s our new policy for our Game Technicians...
Game Techs no longer have to qualify for Launch and Demo Kits by posting their plans and writing reports for past events. Now, with access to the Demo Team Supplies area of the web store, Game Technicians can purchase Launch Kits, Demo Kits, Prize Support and other exclusive promo items whenever they wish.
No required reporting... we trust you will use these materials to help promote the games. We want our Game Technicians to feel like a family, taking our vision and our love of social and family gaming out into the far reaches of the world. We do encourage Event Reports
, when you have something to share, and in the future as we continue to grow the program those who are active and report their activities will gain special pricing and other privileges, but we don’t want a hardcore volunteer program that puts a ton of pressure on its members, expecting lots of obligations and hoops to jump through. We just don’t roll that way!
More exciting changes and benefits for Game Technicians are on the way!
Note to Retailers
Sorry, we can't give you access to the Game Tech store. Discounts work a little differently for stores in our order processing system. You can get special pricing on all these same items -- but you can't order through the Game Tech webstore to get them. You'll need to contact our Sales Department at email@example.com or 301-441-1019 to place your order. You're absolutely welcome to be part of the Demo Team but you'll need to place your orders with us more directly, so we can make sure you're getting the right discount.